|The Ace3DS PLUS in general|
The Ace3DS PLUS is a new slot-1 flashcard which is usable on the 3DS, DSlite, DSphat, DSi and DSi XL. The Ace3DS PLUS is a card that makes use of the well known Wood firmware. There are two versions of the Ace3DS: The Ace3DS and the Ace3DS PLUS. The Ace3DS is an older card that runs on a outdated firmware. The Ace3DS PLUS is a newer card that runs on Wood firmware.
The Ace3DS comes in a plastic case. The card itself is hidden in the big USB Reader.
|Features of the Ace3DS PLUS|
Features that are listed on the website:
- Work perfectly on 3DS V4.2.0-9 and DSi V1.44.
- Support 3DSLL(XL)/3DS/DSILL(XL)/DSI/DSL/DS.
- Fully compatible with the newest Wood firmware (Synchronously update).
- 2in1 Multiple function game card reader (Ace3DS PLUS included).
- Several built-in emulators including FC„ÄĀGBC„ÄĀGB„ÄĀMD„ÄĀNEOGEO, play different games.
- Use the third generation chip, working faster and lower power consumption.
- Support all the commercial roms and homebrews.
- Auto detect the game save data size.
- Built-in DLDI Auto-Patching, auto patch homebrew.
- Running different SD cards at high speed.
- Support SDHC (2G, 4G, 8G, 16G, 32G).
- Support Slot-2, GBA package, Rumble Pack and other devices.
- Support Wifi game, Download play.
- Built-in multi-language.
- Different UI for choosing.
- Support soft reset.
- Support AR Cheat.
- Moonshell V2.10 attached in the Ace3DS PLUS firmware.
Seems pretty descent.
The Ace3DS PLUS doesn't need any firmware upgrading, you can use it directly out of the box. I tested it on my 3DS with firmware 4.2.0-9E and on my DSi with firmware 1.4.3E and it worked perfectly. The card shows up as 'Alex Rider: Storm Breaker'.
When you start the card, you will get in a menu which looks like the DSi Menu. You can choose to launch DS Games, but you can also choose to launch a couple of emulaotrs, launch slot 2 or launch moonshell. The emulators are for the NES, GB/GBC, MD and NEOGEO.
After choosing to launch DS games you get into the well known Wood firmware that everyone knows and loves.
|NDS Game Back Up Compatibility|
These games where tested on Acd3DS PLUS Woord 1.50:The World Ends With You
(E): Worked PerfectlyASH: Archaic Sealed Heat (English Patched)
(J): Worked perfectlyKingdom Hearts Re:Coded
(U): Worked perfectlyKingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
(U): Worked PerfectlyPok√©mon HeartGold
(U): Worked PerfectlyPocket Monsters White 2 Version
(J): Boots, but no exp. is gain at the end of battle.Pok√©mon Conquest
(U): Boots, but hangs on 'Preparing to start game...'Pok√©mon White Version
(E): Worked PerfectlyInazuma Eleven 2: Blizzard
(E): Worked Perfectly
The Ace3DS PLUS comes with a big USB Reader. The reader works but is is big and takes a lot of space. (e.g. I couldn't fit the USB Reader and another USB Reader next to each other.)
The Ace3DS PLUS is a good card and it has good NDS ROM compatibility when using the Wood Firmware.PLEASE READ:
I originally gave the card a 67% because Pok√©mon White didn't work, which should work on any firmware right now. But now it seems that there was something wrong with my ROM, so I got a crisp clean ROM and it did work, it didn't freeze. So now my whole point of view of this card changes: I thought it had just average NDS ROM compatibility because and old game like Pok√©mon White didn't work, but seeing now that is was my own fault by not using a clean ROM I think it has good to great NDS ROM compatibility.
I changed the rating up to 70% because this IS a good card, and it is really cheap. If you're looking for a cheap card with good ROM compatibility, this might be the card for you.Pro's:
- Uses Wood firmware.
- Updated frequently.
- Average NDS ROM compatibility.
Final Score: 70%
- Non spring-loaded MicroSD slot.
- The USB Reader takes up a lot of space.
DS-Scene would like to thank the Ace3DS
team for sending us the review sample.This post has been edited by Kiekoes, Thu, August 2nd, 2012 at 21:01